Melissa knew from a very young age dancing would be her life! Her passion grew as she competed and performed through high school. Melissa went on to study dance in college and became a professional in the industry. Her career has helped her develop and gain detailed diverse knowledge of all styles and training technique styles. Once she decided to settle down and start a family she knew teaching was the next chapter in the journey.
Through years of teaching, continuing her education from leading industry resources, curriculum development, and industry partnerships, it was time to create a new dance experience. Her goal is to take what she has learned through the years and create quality, fun, and inspiring dance classes for all, with a different and exciting approach to the basic and fundamental styles of dance!
Melissa knew she wanted an inclusive, happy, healthy, and safe environment and a dance class that had a different approach. Partnering with Rhythm Works, Y.P.A.D, and other wonderful organizations Just Be Dance Academy is now able to provide exactly what Melissa sought out to. She especially looks forward to bringing this experience to the communities around her.
Melissa’s training includes over 20 year experience in the industry. With detailed training in proper technique, physical safety and psychology of injury, understanding of nutrition, language and behavior trained in emotional health, and now on-going training for children with learning differences and other special needs.
Brief highlights of her journey and career:
• Grew up competing and performing throughout the south east
• Dance Major at Lees McRae College
• Ongoing education in child development and Brain Dance theories
• Traveled and trained at various workshops and conventions
Danced and Performed at Disney World, Universal Studios, and Bush Gardens FL.
Trained for over 5 years with some of the industry’s best teachers and choreographers and had 1.5 year internship at Broadway Dance Center New York. Trained with: Mia Michaels, Michelle Assaf, Shelia Barker, Bev Brown, Finis Jhung, Frank Hatchet, and many more!
• Danced for the Orlando Predators Arena football team
• Danced for Royal Caribbean Int.
• Danced at the press event for T.I., Las Vegas and had the privilege to work with famed choreographer and producer Kenny Ortega and Travis Payne
• Choreographer for various production companies, House of Blues service industry shows, Carowinds 2016 Luminate! Show